University of Sydney Handbooks - 2013 Archive

Download full 2013 archive Page archived at: Mon, 20 May 2013 12:11:37 +1000


Department/School offices

In most instances, if you have an administrative enquiry you should see your administrative unit where experienced staff will be able to assist you.

Faculty offices

The faculty office will be a source of information and advice about procedures and regulations as well as providing advice on courses available. It is also where you can get information on the most appropriate associate dean or other faculty officer with whom to discuss a difficult situation. A full list of faculty and college offices, including their locations, inquiry phone numbers, and email addresses, is available on our website (see links below). The faculties of Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, and Nursing and Midwifery have a common postgraduate administration office.

In most faculty offices there are supporting administrative assistants and administrative officers, one or more of whom may have a particular postgraduate responsibility. Sometimes this person is called the postgraduate administrator or adviser.

The faculty secretary has a broad range of responsibilities including acting as secretary to the faculty and its committees and ensuring the University’s regulations and procedures concerning postgraduate students are properly administered.

Contact information

In general, all enquiries concerning postgraduate matters should be dealt with in the first instance by the faculty or departmental offices.

Faculty and departmental contact details are available here.

The Higher Degree by Research (HDR) contacts in each faculty are available here.